Trust is the foundation of the Shopify platform and includes trusting us to do the right thing with your information. Three main values guide us as we develop our products and services. These values should help you better understand how we think about your information and privacy.
Why we process your information:
We generally process your information when we need to do so to fulfill a contractual obligation (for example, to process your subscription payments to use the Shopify platform), or where we or someone we work with needs to use your personal information for a reason related to their business (for example, to provide you with a service). European law calls these reasons “legitimate interests.” These “legitimate interests” include:
- Preventing risk and fraud
- Answering questions or providing other types of support
- Helping merchants find and use apps through our app store
- Providing and improving our products and services
- Providing reporting and analytics
- Testing out features or additional services
- Assisting with marketing, advertising, or other communications
Personal information we collect:
Personal information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact data, personal or business contact information such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number, professional title and company name.
- Registration data, such as information that you provide to register for an account or sign up for an event, including the day and month of your birth and the event you registered for.
- Data about others for whom you purchase an item or gift, such as name, delivery address and phone number. Please do not purchase a gift for someone or share their contact information with us unless you have their permission to do so.
- Profile data, such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us and your interests and preferences.
- Communications, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, survey responses, or otherwise correspond with us.
- Marketing data, such as the email address or contact details that we use to send marketing communications and your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events and contests.
- Purchase data, including your order history and information needed to process and fulfill your order, including order details, billing address, and delivery address.
How we use your personal information:
We may use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service, such as to enable you to make purchases of items that we have listed on the Site.
- establish and maintain your account on the service.
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- provide customer support and maintenance for the Service.
- facilitate your login to the website via third party platforms, such as Google and Facebook; and enable security features of the website, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in.
If you are an existing customer of EasybuyAfrica (for example, if you have placed an order with us or registered an account), we may use the Personal Data you provided to send you marketing communications about EasybuyAfrica products or services, where permitted by applicable law (unless you have opted out). In other cases, we ask for your consent to send you marketing information. We may use the information that you provide to us, as well as information from other EasybuyAfrica products or services, such as your use of EasybuyAfrica’s website and/or apps, to personalize communications and advertisements regarding our products and services that may be of interest to you. For registered users, this may include data collected from your interactions with our website and/or apps that are associated with your account.. You will have the ability to opt-out of our marketing and promotional communications.
For research and development.
We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business.
To comply with laws and regulations.
We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety.
We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements; (c) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyber attacks and identity theft.
With your consent.
In some cases we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
Delete Your Account:
To delete your EasybuyAfrica account:
Mobile App: Go to your Account Page > Delete Account
Desktop: Go to Settings Page > Delete Account